Friday, November 18, 2011

Cats and Canals.

This post is LONG overdue. But, I'm missing the sight of leaves on the trees....so that's why I'm sharing it today. (That's my disclaimer anyway.)

A few weekends ago I spent some time with Leo "the Lion," arguably northern Virginia's most ferocious feline. See for yourself. Terrifying, right?
Maybe on Opposite Day.


Youngest brother is a really big cat person. After church he came with me to check on Leo. He's never had any younger siblings to be responsible for, but he's made up for it in pets. The other night we realized the Baby has taken care of: a lizard, a turtle, two hamsters, a cat and a dog. He's still hoping Mom and Dad will buy him a kitten for Christmas.


We also hiked to the C&O Canal this same weekend. There's a perfect trail that begins in our neighborhood and winds its way through the woods to the back door of the canal. 
(The leaves on the trees! See, worth the wait, right?)


These two. What are we going to do with them?


In fact, what are we going to do with all of them?


I believe this was around the point in our hike that Sis was catching me up to speed on The Real Housewives of Orange County. (Peggy is leaving! Did you know this? I didn't. In fact, I couldn't quite visualize Peggy. The mesh of blond hair and perfectly plump lips was running together in my mind. It's hard enough for me to keep up with Beverly Hills.)
 

The girls talked; the boys fought. We're still not sure who won this battle.



At last we returned home...to celebrate Dad!


We grilled out. And had some chocolate pie (Dad's request, instead of birthday cake). And we finished the weekend gathered around an open fire, quite reminiscent of those Adirondack evenings.



It was a glorious weekend. I miss those summer-fall days. Is it too soon to talk about winter's approach? Should I save it for another post?

Okay, I will. Today is for summer reminiscing and autumnal basking!

Happy Friday!

No comments: