Monday, November 21, 2011

45 of 52: Giveaway!

I first heard about Katie Davis when I stumbled across her blog a few months ago. And I kept coming back because of the sheer nerve of her story: a twenty-year old American girl from Brentwood, Tennessee who moved to Uganda and adopted 13 girls. Thirteen daughters, some just a few years younger than she was. It was just so...radical.




A few weeks ago Katie released her first book, Kisses from Katie, filled with stories, lessons, and encouragement from the last three years she has spent in Uganda. It is an amazing story. SO worth reading!

In fact, I'd love for you to read this story! If you're interested just leave a comment below or shoot me an e-mail: emily.j.odell [at] gmail.com and I'll put a copy in the mail to you right away!

(Here's the catch though...since I only have one copy it's first come, first served around here!)
 


I realize that since I have chosen an unusual path it is easier for outsiders to look at my life and come to the conclusion that it is something extraordinary. That I am courageous. That I am strong. That I am special. But I am just a plain girl from Tennessee. Broken in many ways, sinful, and inadequate. Common and simple with nothing special about me. Nothing special except I choose to say "yes." "Yes" to the things God asks of me and "yes" to the people He places in front of me. You can too. I am just an ordinary person. An ordinary person serving an extraordinary God.


3 comments:

Heather said...

Am I the first?!!?! I've been following her blog and would love to read her book!!

Unknown said...

You are the first, and I would LOVE to send this book your way!! Will get your address from Courtney!

Betsy said...

I just started this book! my friend bought it for me and I'm only thru the first chapter but i'm already in love! i want to live this girls life!