We're home from the Adirondacks.
I miss the mountain air. I miss the buffet line. I miss the S'mores. I miss the sunburns.
It was a wonderful week. And the star of the week was a 20-month old baby whose name I cannot tell you. But it started with a C and ended with ole.
We were smitten.
Oh, were we ever smitten.
Did I mention we were smitten?
We grew up knowing this sweet toddler's mom. She writes a blog on par with The Pioneer Woman at The Campbell Crew. It is about Texas heat, and rascally dogs, and an adventurous baby boy, and Texas heat, and family, and married life, and Texas heat...did I already mention that? My hat (and head) go off to the Waco Campbells. Over 100 degress for the last 30 days. I don't think even Rhonda could help me...
We spent the week with longtime family friends. Vacations with friends are so special. And so fun. And so hilarious. And so memorable. And, most of all, refreshing. A break from the norm. A change in daily life.
I ate it up.
I sure do miss that mountain air today! It's hot and humid in D.C. But, you know what they say...
...there's no place like home!
Even if that home was built on a swamp.
No comments:
Post a Comment