Friday, November 7, 2008

Le MET.

Gwyneth FINALLY wrote me another note. You may recall the first e-mail she wrote included recipes for delicious concoctions to create in the kitchen. Unfortunately, I grew so overwhelmed at the amount of organic (read: I-can't-find-them-at-the-Food-Emporium) ingredients, that I have not yet tried any of the recipes.

But, this week, I was encouraged! Here's what Gwyneth had to say in her latest e-newsletter: "Here are some suggestions for several interesting exhibitions to go see, possibly in a city near you. Some of them I have been to and loved. And some of them came from friends who I trust in all matters of culture." Sightseeing? Okay, this I can do. No organic recipes involved, thank goodness.

To top it off- I was one step ahead of Gwyneth. My friend, Allison, and I have had a little museum visit in the works for the last few weeks. Tonight we're planning to meet at the Metropolitan Museum of Art after work. We'll browse around, maybe stop by the Met Balcony Bar to enjoy a drink and appetizer, and around 9pm we'll make our way toward the exit after enjoying a unique New York cultural experience (compliments of Allison and Emily, thank you very much). We might not be celebrities, but we are still very creative.

No comments: