Today, I am thankful for friendship-- for the encouragement friends bring to my spirit, for the support, and the inspiration, and mostly the feeling of being loved "just because." I'm especially grateful...
...For friends who breakfast with me at Georgia's Cafe, and help to make workday mornings just a little bit sweeter.
...For friends who send e-mails and remind me to keep a good, clear-headed perspective on life, and faith, and so many future unknowns.
...For the excitement that comes from hearing news from a far-away friend-- even news that includes little insignificant details about the weather.
...For old friends who knew me before I'd even finished middle school, and for new friends who already feel like old friends.
...For friends who breakfast with me at Georgia's Cafe, and help to make workday mornings just a little bit sweeter.
...For friends who send e-mails and remind me to keep a good, clear-headed perspective on life, and faith, and so many future unknowns.
...For the excitement that comes from hearing news from a far-away friend-- even news that includes little insignificant details about the weather.
...For old friends who knew me before I'd even finished middle school, and for new friends who already feel like old friends.
And, I am thankful for the dearest kind of friend, Little Sister, who helps me remember that it is "hard to be responsible, adult and sensible all the time...
How good it is to have a sister whose heart is as young as your own."
How good it is to have a sister whose heart is as young as your own."
2 comments:
I'm so thankful you're my friend!
Dear Sisters, both Big and Little,
As you have committed to a month of being thankful, I thought that I would take a chance to write what I am thankful.
I am thankful for being witness to your lives. Each and everyday I check your updates, read your posts. I smile and laugh at your humor. I think strongly about my journey, at your thoughts and insights into life. I cry and feel deeply when I read and hear you pain. And I rejoice with you, both of you, when I see growth and life in your words and your hearts.
Thank you for allowing me to be part of your lives. Thank you for being my friend. Thank you for loving others.
But most of all, thank you for fighting for your sisterhood. For not letting go of one another when times are hard. For enjoying each other's lives.
For knowing that no matter what comes, you are sisters, and that is a bond that will not be broken.
Post a Comment