Monday, November 17, 2008

In anticipation...

Can you believe next week is Thanksgiving? I find myself wondering how a season could possibly pass so quickly, and yet I'm thankful for the upcoming holiday. Thanksgiving with Big Sister and Little Sister's family is a milieu of turkey, stuffing, grandmothers, and football (not necessarily in that order).

Most of all it's a time of coming together-- this year from all parts of the country. It's a joyous time of being home for the holidays, of finally seeing each other face to face after weeks (sometimes months) of separation. It's the personal connection of being physically present for the holidays-- the brushing of elbows while passing the stuffing (adding some additional stress and maybe knocking over the sparkling cider, too), the wrestling while playing football in the backyard, the singing in the kitchen (ahem, Little Sister)-- the essence of so many significantly insignificant memories that will last for years to come.

I'm looking forward to traveling home next week. I'm looking forward to sitting in front of a crackling fire...

... I'm looking forward to teasing Samantha...


...I'm looking forward to snow...
...hey! I can hope...

... and, most of all, I'm looking forward to this...


... So much to be thankful for, wouldn't you agree?


3 comments:

Jamie said...

Courtney looks like a model in that picture!!

Anonymous said...

I just want to spend thanksgiving with you in the snow!!!

Kate said...

I'm so excited for your bangs!!!
You have to post pictures as soon as you get your new do : )