A) Hear Beth Moore speak.
B) Hear Travis Cottrell sing.
C) Eat crab tacos.
D) Explore Fells Point.
E) Meet Michael Phelps.
F) All of the above.
G) All of the above. Except E.
![]() |
| Baltimore, MD Thanks to Mom for the photo! |
Did you pick G? You would be correct. Alas, no Michael Phelps sightings. But, we did have an incredible weekend attending the Living Proof Live event with 5,000 other women from 18 (!) different states.
Mom and Sis and I are Beth fans. Big fans. Huge! And fans not so much in the oh-my-word-it's-BETH-MOORE! sense (though that's a factor), but in the I-just-got-a-WORD sense.
Can I share a bit about our journey with Beth?
In 2009 I was living in New York and working through Beth's study on the Book of Esther with a fantastic group of New York City women. I recommended it to Mom. She and our pastor's wife were looking for a study for their group of northern Virginia young moms, so they co-led Esther. After Esther our Manhattan group studied Anointed, Transformed, Redeemed: A Study of David. And Mom's group ended up studying that one, too. Then in March 2010, Sis was in California reading So Long, Insecurity when she had a moment with a complete stranger in a coffee shop. Almost a year later, in April of this past year, Sis and her dear friend Katy went to hear Beth speak in Fresno, California. And it was incredible.
Are ya still with me? We've been all over with Beth...Maryland, New York, Virginia, California. And this past weekend the three of us got to experience our favorite Houston gal for the first time together. It was so incredibly special.
There were tears involved.
There was hugging.
Some snoring.
And lots of coffee.
What a weekend! I feel so thankful.
{P.S. We also explored Fells Point. And ate crab tacos. I took some photos. Meant to share them today. Maybe later this week!}

No comments:
Post a Comment