![]() |
| Me and Dad! The Homestead Hot Springs, Virginia |
Dear Dad,
I know things change. But some things don't.
...like how you begin your e-mails with Dearest Em or Hello dear one and how you always sign them Love you PTH.
...like the way you pass the five kernels of corn around the Thanksgiving table to remind us of the early Pilgrims.
...like the way you tear up while singing the Navy Blue and Gold in Annapolis.
...like the way you work through all the details of boy scouting with your sons.
...like the way you come alive when you're back on the farm in Oklahoma.
...like the way you love Mom and the ocean and iced tea.
...like the way you can keep at a crossword puzzle "until the cow's come home."
...like the way you get caught up in a good book.
...like the way you listen to others.
...like the way you give advice.
...like the way you give: generously and anonymously.
You are so good to us. I'm so thankful for you.
And I love you...past the heavens!
Emily

No comments:
Post a Comment