![]() |
© L.A. Baby, D.C. Lady |
Last year I wrote a little post about things I love. I meant to add to it over the course of the year...but I forgot. Oh, well. You win some, you lose some!
In honor of Valentine's Day, can I share my current loves with you? In no particular order, and exclusive to this season of life, here they are:
-steaming cups of coffee. I blame this on those New York roommates. I was never a coffee drinker before I met them. Look what they turned me into: a walking cup of jo.
-movies! Especially this time of year. The Oscar race promises to be a marvelous one! My Mom and I took in a late showing of The King's Speech last night and it was simply the best. I've been rooting for True Grit to make a sweep at the Oscars, but I'm changing my tune after last night's showing.
-spending time with my two youngest brothers. Oh man, do they ever keep me on my toes. I haven't spent this much quality time with them in, well... years I guess! I love hearing their conversations and watching them navigate their way through the middle and high school years. They crack me up.
-memorizing Scripture. I've been memorizing two verses a month this year, as part of Beth Moore's challenge to her blog community. I can't describe how refreshing it is to recall the words of certain passages throughout the day. It's been a discipline I've totally fallen in love with.
-...okay, love might be too strong a word for this one, but I'm just gonna say it: Garret Hedlund's voice. He sang a couple songs in Country Strong. Oh my. His deep Southern drawl gives me goosebumps, and his cover of Give in to Me is totally worth the iTunes purchase.
Hope your Valentine's Day is filled with all kinds of love!
(We've got some fun things to share this week...stay tuned!)

1 comment:
aw he did have a great voice! glad we saw that movie together :)
Post a Comment