Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Winter days.

I spent the weekend with Josh and Nate while Mom and Dad were away. This was Saturday morning:




Cereal.
Reading.
And bed heads.
Can you say bed heads?!
Younger brother bed heads make my heart happy. If I were their mother I would probably think they need haircuts. But, since I'm their sister, I think it's funny.

And a little scary.

 

Our Saturay morning was progressing just wonderfully until I discovered one brother had eaten two packages of M&M's...and two Kit Kat bars...before 11:00 in the morning. He was still wiping chocolate from his mouth when I pounced on him.

As punishment, I made nachos.

Healthy well-balanced meals are my forte.

The nachos were devoured.

Then we ate cupcakes.

 


Desmond dreamt of other delicacies.



Dream on, buddy!



It was a blustery winter day outside. Patches of snow dotted the yard here and there. The sun occasionally peeked through the clouds...and the trees moved with the wind. Sometimes I don't mind winter at all.




Thankfully the parents arrived home on Sunday afternoon. I was so thrilled to see them I baked cupcakes (yes, more in addition to the ones we'd already eaten). But, these were special cupcakes...from an Ina Garten recipe! Coconut cake and cream cheese frosting...sprinkled with more coconut.

They were divine.

When the little Mom came home I forced her to sit down and eat a cupcake and enjoy a glass of milk. Coconut is her favorite.



And the babysitter enjoyed one, too.

And, the babysitter was very, very happy to hand off the younger brothers to the parents.

And, the babysitter is very glad she does not have any children of her own...yet.

And, the babysitter loves nachos.

And, that is all.
 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG this pic could be on the front of a cookbook haha LOVE it

emily j said...

i love coconut to! a little taste of vacation! love you!