You may remember I mentioned a future appearance from our first guest blogger... I'm so excited for you to meet him. The wait is over! Your anticipation may be put to rest! This guy...is an amazing writer, and has the mind of a creative genius. And, of course, Sis and I are only a little biased since our first guest contributor is none other than our youngest brother...JOSHUA!
This year, I joined my sister in the greatest race of all. 52 books in 52 weeks. This is my type of race, I love to read, its what I do with the majority of my time anyways, so why not? I started off with a bang, I had read 5 books and only 3 weeks had gone by. But then, I finished the series or at least what was published of the series and was left for a couple weeks not having a book to read. Thankfully though I have now gotten another book from my school library and am back into the race.
The majority of the books I have read so far have been one series. I'm not sure if its a book only for boys because the main character is a girl but she might as well be a boy with the way she acts. You may have heard of it before but I would put it up there right next to any of the Harry Potter books. What I really like about it is that the main character in the book is "I." I think it is so neat. Also when she is talking it sounds like she may be talking to the reader as well. It is great for many other reasons though such as: the group which is called the flock can never take a step without being attacked. They are on the run from a place they had been their whole lives and they couldn't be happier to escape. Along with being on the run, the main character has also been given an assignment, to save the world. And your thinking "Oh, this is just another saving the world story." But in truth you couldn't be more wrong, well you could, but you get the point. Probably the most shocking part of the story though is the six of them are all 2% avian. Yeah, that's right. They all have bird DNA in their blood. And that may not even be the coolest part. They have powers, such as breathing under water. Reading peoples mind, not to mention controlling them, and a WHOLE lot more. And your thinking, "Well if they have bird in them doesn't that mean..." Yeah your right, THEY HAVE WINGS!!!
Well, what are you looking at, you have to go get the first one: Maximum Ride: The Angel Experiment.
Joshua lives in the suburbs of Washington, D.C. with his family. He is the youngest of six kids, plays on the middle school basketball team, and loves to read in his spare time.
_______________________________________________________________________________
You may remember the funny little riddle I posted...offering a clue about the guest blogger. Within moments of posting it, my phone was buzzing. Someone had already cracked the code that followed a pattern of, "my first letter is in this word, but not in this word" to spell the word "brother." I'd like to announce Emily Jackson as the runaway winner! Yes, folks, this is the same girl who was accepted to Georgetown University. Smart as a whip. And, smart enough to turn down Georgetown in favor of attending Biola University.
Boy, am I ever glad she did!
(Sorry to brag on ya, Em.)

1 comment:
that was a great blog post josh! Sounds like a really interesting series!
Post a Comment