Monday, February 28, 2011

Surprises and Sprinkles.

When I was visiting Courtney in California last month she took me on a wild goose chase.


Here's how it went down:


We had spent a glorious afternoon at the beach. As the sun was setting we walked the length of the beach back to the parking lot, and dumped our accumulated purses, hats, and drinks into the car. And that was when Courtney said she had a surprise for me.


And that was when I began to sweat.


I have this thing about surprises. They are good for other people.


They make me nervous.


Courtney drove and drove and drove.
And I perspired.


But, of course, the surprise was a fantastic one. She pulled into Corona Del Mar Plaza in Newport Beach, and there was Sprinkles Cupcakes!


The line of people stretched the length of the sidewalk. We waited our turn, and finally entered the wonder that is a Sprinkles bakery. Colorful cupcakes everywhere. Fresh glasses of milk. Coke in glass bottles (two, please!). Cute story beginnings. We picked up four cupcakes for our dinner guests that evening, and scurried away.


The other day I was exploring Sprinkles website (and missing Sis and California). Imagine my shock to see a Sprinkles was opening in D.C.! PTL. We have some great cupcakes in this city, but there is something extra special about a Sprinkles cupcake. I can't wait to visit this place soon!


via Sprinkles website



P.S. For all you New Yorkers, word on the street is Sprinkles is coming to the Big Apple in April!

No comments: