Because it's Friday...because it's February...because we're getting a taste of spring here in the Nation's Capital...I bring you...
The von Trapp Family singers!
I adore The Sound of Music. I've seen the movie too many times to recall (though the most memorable showing was a special AFI screening in Hollywood with Courtney...Julie Andrews herself introduced the movie!).
I adore Maria. The children. The Captain. The Abbey. The Reverend Mother.
The STORY.
Who doesn't love a good story? Rodgers and Hammerstein created a classic with the songs they chose to accompany the retelling of the original von Trapp family adventures.
Climb every mountain,
Ford every stream,
follow every rainbow,
'til you find your dream!
I even love the Baroness. She's so aloof and elegant. Don't you love it when she whispers to Captain von Trapp on the balcony, "Somewhere out there is a lady who I think will never be a nun. Auf Wiedersehen, darling."
It's the backdrop of Austria, and World War II and the growing Nazi regime that adds to the dramatic feel of the movie. An unlikely marriage between an ex-nun and Naval officer. An escape from the rising evil. Children who learn to laugh again. A father who learns to sing again.
Magic on the silver screen.
Blossom of snow may you bloom and grow
Bloom and grow forever






No comments:
Post a Comment