Thursday, February 26, 2009

mike's letter

i got this letter from mike today.
he is such a blessing to me, especially during this season of my life.
read it and be encouraged.

Hi Court,
You mentioned the blessing of friendship and fellowship, how right you are. I must toss in a couple of Tributes to our LORD Jesus Christ at this time. Do any of us, your family or Anna and I, truly understand how un-thinkable it is that we ever met? Your grandfather was my source of connection to the family and Grannie Jo was Anna's and we never intended to pretend that we might receive the lifelong joy of your family. In order for GOD to intertwine this miracle is like discovering the genetic code. The odds are millions to one that we were joined face to face on this earth.

Courtney, if I might share with you some eternal differences your family has made in my life. I doubt that any of you have considered how your fathers accident has affected my life as well as many others. When your mom called Anna and I the morning of his fall, my spiritual life was changed and yes for the better. It is with great sorrow that I have for him and all of you that he went through this extremely difficult time and yet GOD had a plan all along. My reverence for the LORD increased many times over as my prayer life became challenged by our friendship. It was my privilege to have this opportunity to be included in the chain for your dad and family and it required a new dedication of longevity I had not experienced before. My knees have been in service to GOD and continue to be,so much more due to circumstances of the events of your family and GOD has been most gracious to have answered prayer after prayer. Do we realize how the LORD has been true to his word and how faithful HE is?

I alone have been witness to so many positive answers for your dad and family. I can not express how excited each time I was when GOD moved in the recovery of your father. I have worked in medicine all my life and have seen so many people with minor injuries compared to those of his not come out so well. I rejoice each time I see Chuck actually driving in from the airport. The odds of this are more miraculous than our first acquaintance and yet he continues to improve. I thank GOD often for HIS grace and mercy upon your family. With all my blessed hope, I remain amazed at the workings of the LORD. Chuck, you, and your family have brought so many people closer to the LORD in the events of your life and even though you all might feel as if you are not the BLESSED one, think again. My continual pray for your family is this, That they would have no doubt or anger against GOD or the victim Chuck. It is surely against all odds that Chuck is above ground and able to function as a husband, father,son and a business man.

How Great Thou Art Oh God of Heaven.

I will end on this note, your family have blessed us in physical and spiritual ways that only GOD knows and I count them all as good.
Have a GREAT DAY!!!!
Mike

No comments: