Thursday, January 27, 2011

A Winter Wonderland.

One never knows just how much faith to put in meteorologists in the D.C. area. But, the promised forecast of eight to ten inches did not disappoint. The blizzard began--most conveniently--on my drive home yesterday evening. The wind howled. The trees shook. The thunder snow was upon us. (I kid you not. Thunder snow--words straight out of the meteorologist's mouth. Say it with a straight face. I can't.)

There may have been a snowball fight in the backyard late last night. Yours truly may have taken on two younger brothers in said fight...and emerged victorious.

Just sayin'.

I pack a mean snowball.

We awoke to a glorious winter morning in the D.C. suburbs. Snow-covered trees. Snow-covered basketball hoops. Snow-covered everything.

The brothers are celebrating their second snow day in a row. NO SCHOOL! Remember the euphoria induced by those two little words? I'm in the office this morning. It's quiet. I can't stop looking outside and marveling at the beauty of all that whiteness.

A few home photos below. Pardon the quality. I only had my BlackBerry. Don't judge.



Our driveway. Yes, it is ridiculously long.


Our street! In the words of Anne Shirley, "The White Way of Delight"


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks beautiful! Our "snow" aka slush, is already gone :( BUT, I am still enjoying my snow day :) miss you girlies!

Jamie said...

I am way overdue a visit to Cripplegate Road! Sending an email to you and Miss Flora. Let's get it on the calendar. Love and miss you!