![]() |
| Hand in hand |
It's Sister's birthday today. Happy birthday, Sis!!! She's turning 18 again, why do you ask?
Oh my heavens, how I love this girl. I feel so privileged to have her for a friend. She has so many wonderful qualities. She is...
Side- splittingly funny.
Vivacious.
Passionate.
Loyal.
Remarkable.
Beautiful.
Playful.
Emotional.
Honest.
The other day I thought to myself, "I think having a sister has made me a more normal person." Now that's not to say that those without sisters are abnormal. Au contraire! I just feel it's made me more normal.
I was an odd child--climbing trees and tying up the boy who lived next door... Enter a Sister who leveled me out in all the right places. In so many ways she's been a lifetime support. An accomplice in our childhood. A fellow student in our school days. A friend through it all. She has been there to hold my hand in so many of life's little moments...
Prom night...with butterflies in my stomach and her right beside me.
The departure from my year overseas... crying harder than ever, and her with me in Italy.
Surfing the waves together in Newport Beach... laughing out loud together.
The weeks and months of Dad's recovery... our joint vigils over hospital beds.
I am simply so grateful for her life and her friendship.
I'm flying out to see her in L.A. in a couple weeks... oh, be still my heart! I can't wait to be with her on the West Coast!
Sis. I love you!

No comments:
Post a Comment