Friday, January 21, 2011

Southern California.

What is it about Los Angles, that City of Angels? The air smells better. The sun feels warmer. Even the smog has a romantic effect... from 30,000 feet.

What a place! A part of it will always feel like home to me-- because I earned a Bachelor of Arts degree there... because Sister lives there... because La Cienega reminds me of the song by Ryan Adams, and the view of LAX across the freeway lanes...because sweet college friends call that glorious state home. I could sit with you for hours and hours recounting California stories from the years I lived there. It will always hold a special place in my heart. Oh my. It reeks of the goodness of God in my life. I will treasure it forever.

Here's some more photos from the long weekend. Enjoy!


Biking in Newport Beach with friends


Brunch at Nick's in Laguna Beach...You must go. It was incredible. Go now. And, order the chilaquiles--they'll change your life. See below. And don't say I didn't warn you.




 
East meets West in a little reunion with college friends at Yogurtland!

Dinner with Paul and Jenna in three words: Blissful. Unforgettable. Hilarious. Delicious.
Four words. Sue me.



Exploring the tide pools in Laguna

Sisters at the beach


Oh, California. Until next time!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Em, I just love all your photos! You certainly captured all the beauty of California and THE BEAUTIFUL People I love most. mom

Anonymous said...

I miss you two girlies so much!! I'm glad you both are doing well :)

jennainthesky said...

What a great time we had with you girls! I can't wait for the next reunion! :)