
Yesterday, Mom sent the following link to Little Sister and I. It's a humorous little gallery of famous (and infamous) redheads: http://www.stylelist.com/hair-
I never really minded being a redhead. Between Mom and Anne Shirley, I developed a very balanced view of possessing red hair: at worst, I would stand out like a sore thumb in a crowd. And at best, I would never be anonymous! I think it helped, too, to have so many relatives with red hair. Mom is a redhead. Mom's mom is a redhead. Little Sister is a redhead. And, one of our younger brothers is a redhead. Redheaded relatives can provide a little perspective when you're asked, for the thousandth time, if you're Irish. Or, if you have a temper. Included below are some of my favorite quotes regarding the ginger-hued heads of society. Enjoy!
"According to the wire, you are resting well and are being taken care of by a nurse. I hope she is beautiful and that she has red hair. I don't know why, but whenever I dream of a nurse she always has red hair. Red hair makes a man want to recover his health quickly, so that he can get on his feet and the nurse off hers." -Groucho Marx, in a letter to his son
"Of course, part of the problem with redheads is that there aren't enough of them. They make up just two percent of the population. So they're pretty extraordinary. Redheads are too numerous to be ignored, too rare to be accepted." -Grant McCracken, from his book Big Hair: A Journey Into the Transformation of Self
"Man, you ain't lived
Till you've had your tires rotated
By a red-headed woman." -Bruce Springsteen
"Once in his life, every man is entitled to fall madly in love with a gorgeous redhead."
-Lucille Ball
No comments:
Post a Comment