was overjoyed to be one of the first ones to hold just-hours-old Joshua Carlton. You could say it was love at first sight.
Apparently, I am not the only one to love Josh at first sight. Everybo
What other explanation could exist for why Josh makes friends with everyone from the grocery store attendant, to the 5th grade boy in his class, to the local neighborhood security guard? My theory: they're all absolutely swept off their feet by those adorable brown eyes.
All joking aside, Josh is a great guy, and I know that there is good reason why so many people, including me, love him. Josh is sincere. He's a good listener, and he's always encouraging. He gives the greatest hugs, and he really cares about other people. And, he is funny. Funny in a whole-body-shaking-because-I'm-laughing-so-hard kind of way. He is quick to see the humor in every day moments of life. He adds so much joy to our family-- through his smiles, his laugh, his quips, and his tender displays of affection.
I am so glad to have Josh as a brother. And, I am so grateful for that moment in the hospital- 12 years ago today- when I was completely captivated by that precious face. Happy Birthday, dear Josh! I love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment