Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Brother's Graduation.

In just a bit I'll be leaving for Annapolis, Maryland, a little slice of Heaven on earth: crab cakes, flip-flops, breezes from the Severn River, Storm Brothers Ice Cream shop, the Yard, the Mids, downtown Annapolis...I can hardly wait! I'm heading down to celebrate Brother's graduation from the United States Naval Academy. And, I'm trying to figure out how four years went by so quickly...how he turned, overnight it seems, from a skinny plebe into an adult commissioned officer in the Navy.

On Friday morning we'll celebrate four years of hard work, sweat, persistence, and fun (minimal as it may have been) by the Bay. It won't look all that different from a scene out of the pages of along-ago May in 1973, when another midshipman became an officer and a gentleman...



College roommates, Dad and Jack

Dad and his OAO (One and Only) engaging in a little PDA
Grannie Jo, Dad, and Mom looking on

Anchors Aweigh, my boys!

3 comments:

Jamie said...

What fabulous pictures!! How special! When I come visit you in DC, can we go to Annapolis and visit Stephen? I love that little town. :)

Hannah Kate Flora said...

BE STILL my heart!
Precious post Em!

Little Sister said...

loved it! and i bet when dad reads it, he might tear up a little.
ok. alot.
well written!