On this festive occasion of his birthday, I thought I'd take some time to celebrate Nate. There are so many things I appreciate about Nate; here is but a small sampling of what could quickly become an extensive list:
1) I appreciate the way Nate cares for others. Nate has a heart for younger children-- he relates to them easily, and he goes out of his way to make sure every child feels included in a group activity. Nate loves for others to feel that they are welcomed; that they are needed.
2) At the expense of sounded superficial, I hesitantly admit this next one: I love Nate's smile! Granted, this is a purely physical trait, but reader, you would love Nate's smile too if you had the privilege of being exposed to it over the course of 16 years. Nate has a handsome smile that reflects his enjoyment of life and his joyful spirit.
3) I appreciate Nate's bravery in the face of challenging circumstances. Nate has lived through more surgeries than should be normal for someone about to celebrate their 16th birthday. Yet, in the face of so many challenges-- physical therapy, recoveries, muscle limitations-- Nate has shown extreme courage and fortitude. He should be dubbed, Sir Nate the Gallant (and were we living in the 1500s, I have no doubt he would be).
4) I appreciate, too, the way in which Nate loves each member of our family. It must be challenging to be sandwiched between four older siblings, and one younger sibling (with a dog, and a cat, and a goldfish, and a hamster, etc. etc.). Yet, despite the busy nature of a large family, Nate loves each of us well. He is tender-hearted, and forgives easily.
Reader, if you have never met Nate, I hope you get the chance to soon. He is one of my favorite people to spend time with. I am grateful for him, not just today- but every day. Happy, happy birthday, dear Nate!
No comments:
Post a Comment