this past weekend brought a weather front from the north, carrying a little mom.we:
drove with the windows down on the pch
introduced her to my house of 7 girls
rode bikes in newport
chased tsunamis on the santa monica pier
watched the ocean tide in malibu
soaked up the sun on balboa
dodged rain showers at a farmers market
read thomas the tank engine to my kids
watched them pick lemons off a backyard tree
power walked through fashion island
went to church and then lunch with friends
stopped by the new apartment of married friends
watched movies from a hotel bed
had animal fries in the lobby
attempted a broken hot tub
consumed loads of raw fish
visited starbucks every other hour
and just sat with each other as we cruised down freeways.
so glad she came out.
and so delighted she got to experience my little california life for a little while....
up next....
when's it sisters turn?!?
2 comments:
Oh my word. I wish that, more than any of the above, I could have joined you for animal fries in the lobby.
And, of course, meeting the roommates. That, too.
xoxoxo
Do I never get invited, even though I am the Daddy Warbucks of the whole set?
Post a Comment