
What is it? It's an award-winning mini-series from HBO centered around the lives of American soldiers in the European theater during World War II. (Ya still with me? I know that was a mouthful.)
The series was co-produced by two men you've most likely never heard of, Tom Hanks and Steven Spielberg. The story follows the men of Easy Company, part of the 101st Airborne, during their European Campaign. From the events leading up to D-Day, to fighting in France, Holland, and Belgium, the series is a realistic portrayal of the complicated stories of wartime.
The title of the series is derived from the famous St. Crispin's Day Speech delivered by Henry V in Shakespeare's play of the same name:
And Crispin Cispian shall ne'er go by,
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be remembered-
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother
Yes, I am a bit obsessed. It is a fantastic series. I may or may not have seen every episode twice (it's the redhead in me, I swear, I just want to... oh never mind).
This Sunday The Pacific debuts on HBO. Produced by Hanks and Spielberg. Following the Pacific Campaign during World War II. Oh my heavens. Perfection on the small screen is headed for a whole new dimension.
1 comment:
Hi Em, You and USA Today are on the same page! Can't wait to hear what you think of the mini-series Pacific. I am hearing great things about it. love,mom xoxo
Post a Comment