Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Calling all Ree fans...

In mid-December I went to a book signing at Columbus Circle with two lovely ladies who shall remain nameless (Erin and Hannah). It was my first book signing event. And, the only reason I dragged myself 30 blocks away from my apartment on a chilly Friday evening in New York City was because The Pioneer Woman was doing the signing.

Well, folks, Ree is back in town. That's right. I have been blog stalking. I have my sources. I have friends in high places (not really). Ree is in this city-my city!- and I am on a mission to find her. T-24 hours until she's on an Oklahoma-bound plane. How could she not want to reconnect after our momentous book-signing meet and greet?!

Okay, yes, I stammered. I might have stuttered. I may have mentioned something about liking her hair. I was most definitely sweating. Give me a second chance, PW! Please don't judge by first impressions. Please find me in this city of millions and .... and ... and .... oh, I don't know, eat sushi with me, get manicure with me, or something! Or, we could just arrange a little get together between me and Cowboy Josh. I'd be okay with that, too.


(For those of you beginning to sigh deeply- have no fear- I promise to tone down the Ree love in future posts. It's the redhead in me, I swear. I just want to beat everything into the ground... twice.)

2 comments:

emily j said...

my heart did cartwheels when I saw that you made a post about PW. In december, your book signing meant nothing to me...and now i am writhing with jealousy :) well, maybe not writhing; but definitely twitching. PLease, please, PLEASE find her!!! and then tell her about how we want to come visit her on the ranch. and meet some cowboys. and be apart of the Ranchelor.

Little Sister said...

i just read the last word...
ranchelor!
laughing out loud.
at both emily's.
xo