Any way you cut it, a sick day.
And all because of these sweet friends:

Twelve New York friends traveled home to Maryland with me for the long weekend. Our Winter Getaway. Let me tell you what got away: Emily's Health. There are only so many times you can answer, "Where's the trash can?" before your voice begins to crack. And then wobble. And then squeak. And then disappear altogether.

Good thing they are such sweet friends or I wouldn't be able to forgive them for this hostessing-incurring-sickness. We spent the weekend eating (cakes! casseroles! brownies! hot chocolate!), and walking on the C&O Canal, and riding the Metro into D.C., and touring the monuments (even walking on the frozen Reflecting Pool), and swimming indoors, and having snowball fights, and sitting around the fire in the basement, etc. etc.
I'm sure some day in the not so distant future (read: 2085) I'll recall that it really was a wonderful weekend- full of fellowship, laughter, sharing, and memories that we'll have for years to come- but, I'm sorry, today I am hanging up the Hostess with the Mostess sash and reaching for another one of those gel-encapsulated NyQuil pills.And, maybe a brownie, too.
2 comments:
oh you poor thing!! :(
emily! So sorry you are sick! I am sure your friends had a blast - seems like an amazing weekend. Hope you feel better soon, friend.
Post a Comment