Let me start off by saying we did no labor on Labor Day weekend.
I thought that might be important to clarify.
We kicked up our heels and relaxed.
To the max.
We went to Annapolis for Navy's first home game of the season. Welcome to Maryland, Delaware fans! Hope you're ready for a beat down!! Hope you're ready for some real football!!!Hope you're ready for us to wipe up the stadium with your sorry...
Pardon me, sometimes I get carried away with my trash talk.
I'm trying to prepare for December's Army vs. Navy game. I might need to be muzzled.
It was Sister's first Navy game in a loooonnnnnnng time. She's been in California for the last six autumns. She couldn't believe the game was THREE AND A HALF HOURS LONG.
After the game we dragged her all over kingdom come for a little tailgate-party-hoppin. She sobbed.
This is Sister telling me I've got a little something in my teeth.
And a crazy curl flapping around on top of my head.
Sisters are great for things like that.
Navy touchdown!
(What NOW, Delaware??!!!)
This is how the Navy boys celebrate after a well-earned touchdown:
See the midshipmen in their white uniforms? After every touchdown they run on to the field and do push-ups.
Great workout for them. But no thank you for me.
Sunday we celebrated the Mom's birthday. Here she is with her youngest (and sassiest) child.
Of course, Desmond Jack couldn't wait to participate in the festivities, too!
Why, Master? I'm trying to keep up an image here. Could you please remove this ridiculous paper hat off my head? My fans are going to be so confused.
The Mom. On her birthday. She turned this card upside down and said, "WOW!"
She is so clever. And so lovely.
LET THEM EAT CAKE!
Even the Delaware fans.
We went out to Potomac Pizza for a summer farewell dinner on Monday night. Labor Day Weekend's end. School started on Tuesday. September is here. Things are a changin', folks!
But some things don't change.
Like fall.
And football.
And Army's inability to win a bowl game.
It's good to know there's a few constants in life!
No comments:
Post a Comment