Not that I believe in other lives. It's just a euphemism. Of course. You knew that.
We each ordered a salad. Dad had the Wood Grilled Tenderloin Beef Tip Salad with mixed greens, croutons, red onion, grape tomatoes, pear, smoked Gouda and Honey-sesame vinaigrette. And I inhaled the Southwest Salad Rotisserie Chicken featuring iceberg lettuce, black beans, tomatoes, jicama, corn, Monterrey jack, chipotle-bleu dressing, avocado and BBQ sauce.
We also enjoyed a side of homemade cornbread. And a little crab dip appetizer. I had to try the Copper Sangria, the restaurant's twist on the classic Red Sangria. My curiosity was simply getting the best of me. Here's what came in the drink:
The fun stuff:
pineapple juice
fresh oranges
blueberries
and Asian pear
The extra fun stuff:
Chardonnay
Apricot Brandy
Peach Schnapps
Captain Morgan Spiced Rum
Amongst other things I gave Dad a little BlackBerry tutorial. I was feeling quite free to share all kinds of technological advice. I blame it on the rum.
We talked about the end of August and the approach of September. Dad told me his parent's anniversary was today. They've both passed away, but they celebrated 50 years of marriage together. Dad said Granddaddy used to remember his anniversary because it coincided with the first day of dove hunting season in Oklahoma. A true southern boy.
Just like his son, who ordered an unsweetened iced tea at dinner last night.
Pass the rum, please.

No comments:
Post a Comment