
Steve is sweating away his plebe summer in the thrilling heat of Annapolis, with visions of Bancroft, T-Court, and Stribling Walk filling his days. Sis departs in the morning for her own summer adventure in Branson, Missouri; she'll work hard, play harder, and probably meet her future husband. But, I won't be rolling down the river completely alone in upstate New York. A dear friend is joining me for our week at Camp-of-the-Woods. She'll mesh seamlessly with the family, and make me ever so glad for friendship.
We've been traveling to Camp for 20 years. Two decades of one blissful week of summer in the Adirondacks. Campfires and S'mores. Waterskiiing. Tubing. Wakeboarding. Canoe trips to Tapawingo Island, and boat rides across the lake. Sunsets and sunrises. The TeePee's snacks. Hot chocolate in the early morning. Walks to the Point. Swimming. 5K runs. The Bookstore (discovering Francine Rivers). The Purdy Center, the Wigwam. Mesa.
Camp has been a special place for our family in large part because of the spiritual enrichment its provided. In fact, the unofficial Camp motto is, a vacation with a purpose. Now don't get me wrong- I don't mind relaxing with the best of them, kicking back, sipping some Sangria, etc. etc. But, there's something sweet, almost sacred, about the week we spend at Camp being challenged and encouraged and motivated spiritually. We've heard some phenomenal speakers over the years at Camp, and every year I'm more grateful for a place that allows me to rest physically and grow spiritually.
So, we're off! To Camp, to the woods! What a full week it will be... especially the Monday night part of it, where Yours Truly will be searching for a television, any television, and tuning into ABC. I really have no choice in the matter. Someone in Branson will need updates on Ali Fedewhateverhernameisdowsky, and who am I to say no?
So, we're off! To Camp, to the woods! What a full week it will be... especially the Monday night part of it, where Yours Truly will be searching for a television, any television, and tuning into ABC. I really have no choice in the matter. Someone in Branson will need updates on Ali Fedewhateverhernameisdowsky, and who am I to say no?
1 comment:
hahaha monday night= The Bachelorette!! cant wait :)
Post a Comment