This morning I felt a heaviness and a burden for the hard things happening around me.
-A dear family friend is battling pancreatic cancer in a hospital in Washington, D.C. Her prognosis is grim, and her children and husband keep a vigil by her bedside as they labor through each new day.
-A friend who just moved to New York discovered her housing situation was not what it had appeared via e-mail communication. She remains stuck in a frustrating situation while trying to find a new apartment in a new city.
-My grandmother's health has been in limbo for several weeks as she has been in and out of hospitals. The toll it has taken on my parents, and my aunts and uncles, has been exhausting for everyone involved.
-My job search in Manhattan- specifically, the stress of knowing how long to continue looking for full-time work in this city- has been a continued point of frustration.
-A dear friend is trying to trying to find the balance between grad school work and full-time work with college students... while trying to carve out some time for herself in between!
-Yet another sweet friend is seeking clarity and discernment in a relationship, and has been forced to engage in several tough conversations over the last few weeks.
And on a national level, it's easy to worry about the economy, the government... well, really anything on a national and international level these days! That's why I'm so encouraged by these verses:
Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope:
Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.
I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for him."
Lamentations 3:21- 24
Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.
I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for him."
Lamentations 3:21- 24
No comments:
Post a Comment