
"My very first ramble, from the Lincoln Memorial to the U.S. Capitol, reminded me of why I've always loved my hometown. Wide tree-lined streets and lush parks beckon those on foot and bicycle; treasure-filled museums and heroic monuments along the National Mall are open to all, admission free. Every so often that afternoon, I'd pause to conjure long-ago moments that defined the seasons of my childhood: springtime cherry blossoms around the Tidal Basin, July Fourth fireworks mirrored in the Reflecting Pool, a blazing Yule log and a herd of live reindeer on the Ellipse behind the White House."
We spent a spring weekend morning at the Tidal Basin. D.C. walking. City brunching. Weather monitoring (do we look as cold as we felt?). And blossoms blooming.
I hope your weekend was full of spring beauty!


3 comments:
Emily! Beautiful photos...I posted my favorite Henri books under your comment on my blog! Enjoy them...and ENJOY spring, I bet it's beautiful over there! And when you are out in LA visiting your sister, please please come stay with me!! Can't wait to catch up in person...much love!
Such gorgeous pictures and such a gorgeous family!!!! What a wonderful spring outing! Love you, friend!
Emily...how fun that your sister has moved back!!! Well please come out and visit soon:) I'd love to hear more about your sweet life! Much love...Katie
Post a Comment