Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Nostalgia.



Sis is in Oklahoma this week, and I miss her. I'm feeling rather sorry for myself that I can't join her on the farm. We have so many sweet memories of being in Oklahoma together, like:

Swimming in Pennington Creek.
Riding ATVs down Bullard Chapel Road.
Baking cinnamon rolls with Anna.
Worshiping at Bullard Chapel Church.
Riding in the pickup with Grandaddy.
Cleaning vegetables with Grannie Jo at the kitchen sink.
Jumping off the falls at Little Dam.
Visiting with Uncle Glenn and Aunt Nell.
4th of July Chickasaw parties in Tish.
Drinking sweet iced tea on the patio.
Dinners at Cousins.
Long drives on the reservation.
Watching Dad in his element.
Friday nights at Fish Tales.
Grannie Jo's hushpuppies.
And her chocolate pies.

I'm anxiously awaiting Sis's photos from this week. And, until then, I'm soaking up the goodness of two decades worth of Oklahoma memories.




No comments: