Wednesday, March 23, 2011

11 of 52.


Photo via here.


by F. Scott Fitzgerald 
I know. How did I make it through high school without reading The Great Gatsby? I'll get back to you on that one. In the meantime, let's talk about this stunning work of literature. I have a Fitzgerald crush. His sentences give me goosebumps. I might have to pull out a few more of his stories...though, off the top of my head I can't think of one other thing he's written...I'll get back to you on that, too.

There was a movie rendition of this story with one Robert Redford and Mia Farrow. Came out in the '70s. I haven't seen it. There's another version coming out with Carey Mulligan, and Leonardo DiCaprio. Baz is directing. THE Baz. Of Moulin Rouge and Australia fame (and Strictly Ballroom fame, too...if you're into awkward early '90s films. Which, by the way, I am). I can't wait.
It eluded us then, but that's no matter--to-morrow we will run faster, stretch out our arms farther. . . .And one fine morning-- So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.
-last lines of The Great Gatsby

1 comment:

emily j said...

i love this book!!! and i did not know there was a movie coming out!!!!