Sunday, March 6, 2011

Desmond Jack.

In these last days of winter, we're all going a bit stir crazy, and Desmond Jack is no exception. On a winter's afternoon last week he got that look in his eye...


"M a s t e r," he said.
"I have a hankering to chase some squirrels. I have a burning desire to terrorize those deer..."




But, first, please pet me.





Hey, Lady. I'm talking to you.



Well, the Lady/Master loves the great outdoors as much as anybody. And, hankerings can't be helped. But, right footwear might help. Sometimes I forget about the lingering winter. I don't think J. Crew ballet flats were made for snow.



Desmond Jack loves the backyard.
In fact, his favorite game is hide-and-go-seek!




We're working on the hide part.



Every so often Desmond hears the call of the wild. I like to imagine him getting in touch with his canine roots in Switzerland. Hearing the call of the helpless passerby stranded in the snowy Alps...rushing forth from the Benedictine manner to aid the dying traveler...

Who am I kidding?

Desmond's call of the wild includes squirrels, deer, and the occasional chipmunk. He's scared to death of frogs, but hey, we don't have to worry about them until the warmer months.




Winter's winding out here, and I think Desmond can sense the coming spring. He's hoping for it as much as the rest of us.

Probably hoping he'll get outside more, too.

He lives to explore the great outdoors!
The world is his oyster!
He knows no limits!
The conqueror sets forth!
There are squirrels and deer to hunt!
This region knows no other canine king!








Should I break it to him that he lives in the suburbs?


No comments: