Wednesday, May 6, 2009

summer...

big sister's roommate, jamie, recently posted some shows she was excited for this summer.
i in turn thought i might add some things i am looking forward to when i return to the east coast in 3 weeks.

here are my top 10 at the moment:

1. lying in the backyard hammock reading a book2. visiting georgetown, bethesda and rockville on summer nights3. roadtrip to the beach with the four oldest siblings4. sunsets over lake pleasant in upstate new york5. family cookouts in the backyard6. visiting big sister and roommates in nyc7. perhaps seeing this precious dog
8. longs walks down cripplegate in the evening9. outdoor summer concerts at the strathmore, wolf trap and national gallery of art10. just being in my own big white bed again, laying between the cool sheets and thinking about all the adventure the summer will bring...

"summer is the time when one sheds one's tensions with one's clothes, and the right kind of day is jeweled balm for the battered spirit. a few of those days and you can become drunk with the belief that all's right with the world."
- ada louise huxtable

p.s.- all the photos are from big sister. arent they beautiful?

3 comments:

Jamie said...

I love this post Courtney! It makes me way more excited about summer than my TV shows! :)

E said...

ummm...I want to come back with you in your suitcase. I could be the number 11..."And spending every moment with my dear friend, who is somewhat obsessed with getting to the East Coast, Emily Jackson." sounds perfect!

Unknown said...

While I'd love to take credit for all of these, I think #4 belongs to Stephen. ;)