Over the weekend I dug up an old journal I kept during my last semester of school. Mostly it was filled with a lot of ramblings. But, there were a few thoughts- a few verses- I thought you might especially enjoy, maybe for no other reason than to remember that you're not alone.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
{September 2007} It’s difficult for me to believe in what I cannot see; it’s difficult for me to trust when I don’t understand. How, exactly, does one fully enjoy the present, fully live in it, while also planning for the future—while trying to decide 'what’s next'?
The Lord is faithful. He will establish you and guard you against the evil one.
–I Thes. 3:3
–I Thes. 3:3
{November 2007} What will be my vocation, my life work? How will I live? Everything feels out of joint—like pieces of a puzzle that haven’t yet found their place. I’m nervous and scared and overwhelmed—I want to know that He is faithful, that He will take care of me, that He will have a plan.
The Lord will fulfill His purposes for me; your steadfast love, O Lord, endures forever.
–Psalm 138:8
–Psalm 138:8
{December 2007} I will graduate very soon and I will no longer have the option of sitting in Sutherland, or watching Alias or of laughing with my roommates. I must seek to enjoy, must have fun, must be conscious that even endings can be delightful and that carpe diem is a very good suggestion.
No comments:
Post a Comment