"Don't you love New York in the fall? It makes me wanna buy school supplies. I would send you a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils if I knew your name and address." - You've Got Mail
When I woke up this morning, I knew some remarkable change had descended upon the atmospheric conditions in New York: I was... chilly. Not cold, just a little chilly. As I walked to work, I was even more aware of the slight coolness in the air. The wind whipped around me as I walked down Broadway, and I pulled my light sweater a little tighter around my body.
Perhaps it's too early to declare that autumn has descended on the city (Labor Day hasn't even declared summer whites off limits yet!), but I can sense that fall is right around the corner. And not only fall, but pumpkin spice lattes from Starbucks, and golden leaves in Central Park, and chilly mornings every morning. I'm looking forward to autumn; maybe this year more than any other year. This September will be the first September I've spent on the East Coast in two years. And, while I'll miss those bright, sunny California days... I'm really looking forward to those chilly East Coast mornings of my childhood, when Mom would have oatmeal on the stove, and my siblings and I would be running out the door for another day of school... but that's another story, for another time.
Perhaps it's too early to declare that autumn has descended on the city (Labor Day hasn't even declared summer whites off limits yet!), but I can sense that fall is right around the corner. And not only fall, but pumpkin spice lattes from Starbucks, and golden leaves in Central Park, and chilly mornings every morning. I'm looking forward to autumn; maybe this year more than any other year. This September will be the first September I've spent on the East Coast in two years. And, while I'll miss those bright, sunny California days... I'm really looking forward to those chilly East Coast mornings of my childhood, when Mom would have oatmeal on the stove, and my siblings and I would be running out the door for another day of school... but that's another story, for another time.
No comments:
Post a Comment