Friday, February 3, 2012

Dinner [Sunday night], Edition III.

When people ask what your dream job would be, what do you say?

I always respond (only half jokingly) that I'd be an international food critic. Great restaurants and the chance to travel...two of my biggest loves!

But home these days looks less like the fascinating atmosphere of a Parisian baguette shop, and more like the comfortable suburbs of our nation's capital. And, I'm okay with that. Really. As long as I can indulge my tastebuds every now and then on this side of the Atlantic...

Mom and Sis and I went out to Founding Farmers last week. They recently opened a location close to us--and we couldn't pass up a visit!

The restaurant prides itself on being a farm-to-table establishment. And even the interiors have a warm farmhouse feel (with a slightly modern twist).


{via Founding Farmers}

Between the three of us we enjoyed salmon, veggie burgers, and a feast of chicken and waffles. And fried green tomatoes (served with guac!). We capped off the evening with Uncle Buck’s Beignets. Just a fancy way of saying: DONUT HOLES. They came with raspberry, chocolate and caramel sauces...at which point I died and went to heaven.

Just kidding.

But, truly, the food was phenomenal. Would recommend Founding Farmers in a heartbeat...and can't wait to visit again soon! Because, Lord have mercy, they have a breakfast menu.


{Older foodie posts here and here!}

1 comment:

Sarah Boschung said...

Let's go the next time I am in town! Sounds delish!