Thursday, August 25, 2011

Reasons We Love Oklahoma.

The fam just returned from a week in Missouri and Oklahoma. They took photos. I took the liberty to share them. It's been over two years since I was in Oklahoma and I miss it. Mostly I miss the people.



Reason #1. Aunt Nell and Uncle Glen. Below, in the middle. My Dad's aunt and uncle. My great-aunt and uncle. And they really are great, let me tell you. I eat up visits with them...sitting on Grannie Jo's porch, drinking sweet tea.




Reason #2. Anna.
Reason #3. Mikey.
Reason #4 - #856. Anna and Mikey.
Sometimes I forget Anna and Mike aren't actually related to us. They're so dear to us that they just feel like family.




Reason #857. THE ONE AND ONLY JUDI. Below in yellow. Judi is our Dad's first cousin. They grew up in the same town and went through elementary school and Tishomingo High School together. I guess technically Judi would be our second cousin, but we grew up thinking of her as our aunt. Our hilariously funny, refreshingly down-to-earth aunt. When Sis and I went out to see Judi one summer in between college semesters, she drove us all over Oklahoma City to find Toby Keith's house. It was the highlight of our year...or maybe just mine.




Reason #858. Fish Tales. This fantastic restaurant has quickly become a favorite of our family's during Tishomingo visits. The menu is to die for: fried okra, catfish, coleslaw, hush puppies, hot french fries, mozzarella sticks, peach cobbler, apple pie, and Blue Bell ice cream to top it all off. You've died and gone to fried heaven. Jerry West (in the light blue shirt below) owns the restaurant, and he and Dad went to Tishomingo High School together. Whenever we're in town, Jerry comes barrelling over to our table, pulls up a chair, and chats with us for the next 45 minutes.




Reason #859. The farm. Oh, how we love the farm. In particular, we love the ATV. I leave you with this priceless photo of Mom and her youngest child.


Before:



After: The Flame rides again!



I know, I know. My clip art should win awards. 
I'm practicing my accepance speech.

2 comments:

Dabney said...

You would think that we just ate and ate from all those photos of Oklahoma and you would be right. What else does one do in Oklahoma but shoot, hunt, eat, and shop at Walmarts and get ice cream at Braums. Love, mom

emily j said...

i would totally love to see toby keith's house! haha!!! and i love your clip art. i may have laughed aloud... love you!!