We had dinner the other night with some of our Camp friends. After seeing them multiple times a day last week, we were going through withdrawals by Day Two without them. We met up at their house and enjoyed good food, hilarious conversation, and the humidity of an August evening.
And, here is the first foodie thing I must get off my chest: two of these cupcakes were Campfire flavored! Campfire! Isn't that fun?! There was even a roasted marshmallow on top. They were spectacular...and sent us all soaring down memory lane as we recalled our campfires together in the Adirondacks.
Part of our dinner conversation also revolved around Lance Nitahara, the Executive Chef at Camp-of-the-Woods (the very site of our Adirondack campfires last week!). Lance recently starred on an episode of The Food Network's show, Chopped. The show was all the talk of Camp since it aired during the middle of our week there. Our family and friends ended up watching the show post-Camp (decided we had better jump on the bandwagon given all the hype). The show is fun and suspenseful. But, the part that resounded the most for our group was Lance's natural sharing of how the Lord has changed his life. We got goosebumps. We cried. We cheered.
And I mention all this because the show is airing again! TONIGHT! And tomorrow. And the day after.
Here's the times:
Aug 04, 2011
9:00 PM ET/PT
Aug 05, 2011
12:00 AM ET/PT
Aug 06, 2011
3:00 PM ET/PT
Set those DVRs!
I hope you watch!
I hope it gives you some food for thought.
I hope you watch!
I hope it gives you some food for thought.
Pun intended.
Ba da bing ba da boom!
Goodbye forever.


No comments:
Post a Comment