Wednesday, November 24, 2010

A Menu.

Brother and I sat down Sunday afternoon and brainstormed our Thanksgiving dinner menu... down to the very last jot and tittle. We've both taken an exceptional liking to cooking since we moved home in May and June, respectively. Exceptional in the sense that one of us cooks dinner or breakfast at least once a week, and we rather enjoy it.

Since our creative juices have been flowing these many months, it seemed only natural to take a stab at preparing the annual Thanksgiving feast. Would you like a peek at the (nauseatingly long) menu?


Scene One:
Hors D'oeuvers.
Cheese. Crackers. Balducci's speciality Crab Dip. Fresh grapes. Assorted Nuts. Be still my heart.


Scene Two:
Main Course.
Brined Turkey. Honey-Glazed Ham. Whiskey-Glazed Carrots. Dinner rolls. Cornbread. Sausage Stuffing. Aunt Greer's Green Jell-O Salad. Mashed Potatoes. Sweet Potatoes. (We like starch.) Le Sueuer Peas. Sauerkraut. Southern Pecan and Apple Salad. Sweet Bourbon Corn Pudding. Cranberry.


Scene Three:
Sauces.
Turkey Gravy. Pumpkin Butter. (Melted butter is a sauce in my book.) 
Cranberry-Pomegranate Sauce. Hard Sauce.


Curtain Call:
Dessert.
Nantucket Cranberry Pie. Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie. Pumpkin Pie.


Bravo:
Drinks.
Sparling Cider. Red Wine. White Wine. Bourbon. Jack Daniels (you can drink this alone, right?).



I'd like to take this moment to thank Pioneer Woman who is the creative genius behind 93% of this menu. . .  and our lives.




H A P P Y   T H A N K S G I V I N G !



1 comment:

emily j said...

"and our lives" haha!!!! and you know I would love to eat some of that meal!!