You would have been SO proud of me. I baked a Chocolate Sheet Cake from scratch last night. It was for this fantastic group of women who meets in our apartment on Monday evenings. They come from all over the city. None of them are married. They're all in their mid to late 20s and working like nobody's business in this crazy town. And, I thought, I bet a Chocolate Sheet Cake would just really spice up everybody's Monday night.
I mean you should have seen me- whisking up that cocoa powder, melting the butter on the stove, sweating into the vanilla extract (gulp. Don't tell). It was quite the cooking process. Thank goodness for two roommates who were more than willing to jump in and help with the extraordinary (pouring-boiling-chocolate-icing-gently-over-a-very-raised-chocolate-cake), and the ordinary (dishes!).
The cake was a success. It made me think of you.
This afternoon, I walked into the kitchen and took a look at the 1/4 piece of leftover cake laying there so suggestively, and thought, "..... don't mind if I do." Mmmm mmm. Yum.
Yours for memorable calories,
Emily
xoxoxo
1 comment:
i can just hear her saying, dont mind if i do....
she would have loved your cake!
Post a Comment