Sunday, December 14, 2008

Pomp & Circumstance.

One year ago, tonight, I walked across the small space of a carpeted gymnasium and graduated from college. After four years of hard work at three schools, on two different coasts, and through the encouragement of countless long-distance friendships, I became the proud holder of a Bachelor of Arts in English Literature. It was an exhilarating moment. I was relieved to be finished. I was excited to return to the East Coast. But, I was also nervous and apprehensive about what would be next. I was uncertain of what the future held. I couldn't decipher how God would lead. I didn't understand then that He was working in mysterious ways, that there was a plan. He was in control.

Now, a year later, I find myself in New York- enjoying the Christmas decorations at Rockefeller Center, and living on Broadway with three fabulous roommates. Some days I still feel uncertain about the future- but dates like today are a good reminder of God's eternal faithfulness. Anniversaries like this are a chance for me to remember that the One who is the same yesterday, and today, and forever holds all of my tomorrows in His able hands.


Emily and Emily

Big Sister and Little Sister
"As strange, spread out and flatly lit as it can sometimes be, Los Angeles, with its bougainvillea, sea breezes, avocados and eccentric inhabitants, is like no other place and will always be in my soul."
-Gwyneth
Paltrow

A short (silent) video Little Sister took during the commencement recessional - a first look at Big Sister as a college graduate!

No comments: