How are we on the proverbial doorstep of 2011? Where did this year go? 2010, hello, are you there?
Oh, what a year. What a mix of weeks and months and memories.
I think I may have learned to cook in 2010. I'm no chef in the kitchen, but I can now comfortably handle a dinner preparation for eight or more. Does that make me a cook? I'll get back to you on this one.
I keep thinking of all 2011 might hold. I've been thinking a lot about change, especially after reading this little gem. What kind of changes can I make in my own life? What kind of changes will a new year bring? I love our girl Beth's advice that one change at a time is a good thing. Please, I can't handle too many changes at once. It's the sensitive oldest child in me. Don't everybody go changing at the same time, for the love of God!
I feel that way about new year's resolutions, too. Do you make new year's resolutions?
I used to list out my resolutions: one, two, three... eight-five, nine hundred and sixty, etc. I was such an overachiever back in the day. And, on that note, here's my resolution for 2011: read 52 books in 52 weeks.
I've had a few friends who've tried this. I've had a few friends who laughed when I told them this. I've had a few family members who've keeled over and still haven't picked themselves up off the floor. Laugh it up, chuckles! I'm excited about this challenge.
And, I'm gonna give myself grace to change if I'm all readed out by February.
Yes, I was an English major in college. Why do you ask?
I've got a few other resolutions up my sleeve. I'll get back to you on those. I think it would be appropriate to share Sister's resolution-- who, when I mentioned my 52 in 52 idea, responded,
"I plan to drink 52 bottles of wine in 52 weeks."
1 comment:
I loved this post. :)
Post a Comment