I've been a little under the weather since Saturday. Nothing terrible, just a scratchy throat. A certain boy knew about this not-serious-just-a-sore-throat bug. Last night after work I came home to find a mysterious bag from Panera in the refrigerator...with my name on it! Included inside was a fresh baguette, a hearty container of chicken noodle soup, napkins, spoons, to-go containers, and a box of specific "Sore Throat" tea. Someone had dropped this off for me earlier in the afternoon (and Sister was an accomplice to get it to the fridge). I was SO blessed by his thoughtfulness!
Sis and I said last night, "It's just the little things!" They add up, don't they?! I haven't done the best job of introducing this special guy, so thought I'd share a few of my favorite things about Andrew (besides, of course, his role of Caretaker Extraordinaire!)...
| photo by Sis! |
1. He's a planner! Like thrives on keeping a calendar. A couple months ago when we realized we had a race, a birthday party, a small group meeting, a graduation ceremony, and a brunch all in one week he said, "I think we need a shared Google calendar." Melt my heart! YES!
2. He's always up for a drive. And we have logged some serious hours together in the car. Roadtripping with him is one of my favorite things!
3. He loves when my hair is curly! At first this really confused me. I've spent a lifetime trying to tame frizz and volume and curls into a manageable mane. But he loves the natural look! In fact, he's even a little on the disappointed side when I straighten it. Hah!
4. He knows about soy beans, and growing things, and can distinguish the variety of apple tree by the texture of the bark. It just impresses me so much!
5. He's one of the most generous people I know. Whenever we go out for brunch/dinner/dessert with my girlfriends or siblings, he always picks up the tab. And he still won't let me pay for anything. Even when I stiff arm him and lunge for the check...
6. He is ALL BOY. Loves to hunt, likes to fish, cheers for the Redskins (and the Patriots), drives a Land Rover Defender, and doesn't understand where my fascination with scrapbooking comes from.
7. His favorite kind of music is classic country. There's the cutest story that goes with this. Last week we were driving back from the beach when a song popped up on the iPod. Andrew turned up the volume and said, "This is what I always listened to on the way over to your house to pick you up." Claude King's Wolverton Mountain. You need to Google the lyrics. I got all tickled imaging this guy pumping himself up before each date...to classic country.
8. He's one of the most hospitable people I know. He makes people a priority. Not things, or schedules, or deadlines. I think he gets this from his parents. I remember going over to their home when we first started dating and thinking, "There's always a lot of people around here!" Andrew's parents have made their home a welcoming environment, and their son does the same.
9. I could go on and on about this boy...but my favorite thing about him? He's always honest with me. He tells me exactly what's on his mind. He doesn't beat around the bush. Reminds me of a little Pioneer Woman excerpt:
"He told me he loved me when he felt like it, when he thought of it. He never saw any reason not to."
-Black Heels to Tractor Wheels
Oh Andrew George. You've turned my life completely upside down in the best possible way. I'm so glad you asked me to go on that first date. I love you!
4 comments:
AHHHHHHHHHH this made my heart skip a beat!!! Thanks for a proper blog introduction to Andrew George! ;)
Sweet!!!!!!!!!!! :)
I love love this! I share some of your favorites about your boy! I think Andrew and my bf would make great friends. Thanks for sharing. :)
Y'all are so sweet. Thanks for being excited with me! And Erin, the boys would totally get along!!!
Post a Comment