Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Springtime.

Goodness gracious it's been awhile!!! I'm breaking my (unintentional) blog hiatus to share a couple of photos that make me smile!

Remember that group of C.S. Lewis gals I kept raving about last fall? Here's a photo of us from a service project day in Anacostia last November to jog your memory:


And here's what we looked like on Sunday afternoon:
In April! 
In the sunshiiiiiiiiiiine!
In full on girly mode.



Our year together is coming to a close next month, so Katherine organized a springtime photo shoot for us to celebrate the beauty of the season, and the beauty of the rich friendships we've shared over these last 11 months.



These women! Oh the joy they bring to my life! They've forever convinced me that life can't be lived alone. Community. Community. Community. It's beating like a drum on my heart these days.


Here's our Texas Kate. How photogenic is she?!! Our goal was to take individual portraits of all the gals. But we may or may not have received a police escort out of the park due to "no commercial photography" regulations. I'm glad our federal government is really cracking down on crime in the District.



And, last but certainly not least, I've been spending a lot of time with this guy. Which would probably explain the blogging hiatus. 
Also, my hair looks blonde here. It's not. 
This has been a public service announcement.



Happy Wednesday to you!

3 comments:

Jamie said...

LIKE :)

Katie Cook said...

This is great! I love that you ladies did this little photo shoot! screams freedom and friendship! love it! and..I have read Radical (in response to your question)...Kev and I read it two years ago and it changed our life. SO great! We are in the middle of praying for the entire world in a year! love Katie

Buki Peters said...

hey....I like you last photo Em...(wink, wink)
xx